Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blends & Type







This was a fun project!  I never thought of taking pictures of textures before, so I felt pretty weird taking pictures of dirt and carpet. I sure I got some weird looks too.  Also I gained a love for the overlay feature.  Anyway the first one I did just an overlay, and then I did a mask and softened some of the carpet with the black paint.  Also i did a black paint border and then overlaid it and changed the opacity.  The picture of the Spori arch was fun to take.
The Second one, I'm not sure how I feel about the word, but my biggest goal was at least to play with words on the photo. The photo is of the tree in front of the snow building.  I was playing with focus on this picture.  I did another black border, and faded the opacity, and gave it a color overlay to green.  With the text, I sandwiched it between the background, and a copy of the back ground.  Then I merged the top layer to the text and then beveled and embossed it.

Camera: Canon Powershot SD1200 IS
Carpet: 5/3/2010; 4:40; Spori; f/2.8; 1/60
Arch: 5/3/2010; 4:40; Spori; f/2.8; 1/60
snow tree: 5/3/2010; 4:40; Campus; f/2.8; 1/500

5 comments:

Jeralyn said...

I like the funness (is that a word?)of the expression blend. It's so simple, but the edges bring a lot to it. Also, adding carpet to the arch was a great idea! Who'd have thought it could have that affect? It gives it a big of an archaic feel. Good eye.

Jamie Williams said...

I LOVE this! You are so creative! The carpet is such a neat texture. Both of these pictures turned out really good!

Katrina said...

Wow! I never would have thought of the rug texture on a building! I really like the angle you have of the building. The texture definitely adds to the picture.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blend with the overlays. Nice job, it fit just right. Because the rug or burlap is a single light color, it makes it seem that the wall is made of it, with the colors coming through, Nice.

Anonymous said...

Wow that first picture pretty much sums up the spori the texture of the tack wall and the structure of the old spori on the third for. Super cool use of text in expression with the branch and the snow building. You did a good job!!