Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Color Study: White








I decided on white, but I had a hard time deciding on just 4, so I picked 6.  This project was a blast because it gave me the chance to look around my world.  It was fun to try and find the most obvious, and the not so obvious examples of white.  My favorite thing was trying different angles, and focuses.  Also what white project would be complete without the Temple.  When I was taking the pictures of the Temple, it was so windy that I had to plant my feet firmly so my picture wouldn't come out blurry.  I didn't edit any of my photos, I just tried the best I could to get my color across.  I hope you enjoy!

Camera: Canon PowerShot
Temple: 5/3/2010; 9:30pm; ; Rexburg; f/2.8; 1/20
Spori tree 1: 5/3/2010; 4:30pm; Rexburg; f/8.0; 1/200
Spori tree 2: 5/3/2010; 4:30pm; Rexburg; f/8.0; 1/200
Pin: 5/3/2010; 4:40pm; Rexburg; f/2.8; 1/25
Elevator: 5/3/2010; 4:40pm; Rexburg; f/2.8; 1/30
Post: 5/3/2010; 4:20pm; Rexburg; f/8.0; 1/250

5 comments:

Jeralyn said...

Love the angle on the temple! I would venture out and get even closer to that white post. As is, I'm a little more attracted to the bigger, green background. Just a thought...keep up the good work!

Jamie Williams said...

Cool idea to use white. I love the temple, tack and the elevator photos. You have a really cool perspective. Good job!

Katrina said...

My favorite is the thumbtack picture. I love the angle and how the focus is on the one thumbtack instead of the closest ones. blurry spori and the trees make a beautiful picture.

Anonymous said...

The tacks on the board is really nice, plenty of bokuh. How close did you have to get? Nice, sharp focus...great job!

Anonymous said...

I never even thought of doing white good job love the picture of the temple. All the white in the spori it looks awesome.