Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Photolusion

Camera: Canon Powershot
Banana fight: 6-21-10, 5:30, Rexburg, f/8, 1/100, vignette
Like a bug: 6-20-10, 1pm, Gardens, f/2.8, 1/250, na
Part 1: 6-22-10, 12am, Rexburg, f/2.8, 1/15, brightened
Part 2: 6-22-10, 12am, Rexburg, f/3.2, 1/13, brightened
Part 3: 6-22-10, 12am, Rexburg, f/3.2, 1/15, brightened
This was a challenging project, yet fun! The hardest part for me was trying to be creative, and not copy someone online.  The first photo it started with the one shadow just holding the banana, and then it turned into fighting over the banana! I thought I turned out pretty cool.  To take this photo I had to wait for the right time of day so that the shadows wouldn't be too short, or tall.  Then I had my subjects stand so that it looked like they were fighting over the banana.  The hard part was trying to make it look interesting and not getting my own shadow in the photo. I just used a point and shoot for this photo.  The next photo I wanted the girl in front to look like a giant pushing the little girls in dresses. I should probably call it Jane and the bean stock. :) I didn't add any edits to the photo, but I did use a flash to make the foreground brighter.  My edited photo was really fun! I had tried and tried to figure out what I wanted to do. First I wanted to put someone on a building, and then I just didn't know how to get the right photo. So late that night is suddenly came to me to do the devil and the angel on my subjects shoulder.  The lighting is my best, but it was fun to cut out the other photos and try and make it look believable. To cut them out I used the quick selection tool, and the black shirt was easier then the white shirt because of the contrast!

5 comments:

Erica Arguello said...

Haha I really like the one where the girl is holding the two other girls. It looks neat. I really like the idea you had with the devil and angel on the shoulders. Your pictures are great.

Kris Fryer said...

I really like the second photo "like a bug" it looks really neat. It almost looks like the people in the back are in a framed photo. Great idea for your edit. Great job with your photos! Keep it up!

Rognon Photographers said...

I really like your photograph with devil and angel on the shoulder. You did just a great job merging those together and made it look like they are supposed to be there.

Jeralyn said...

I agree with all of the above comments. You were very creative! Great job. My favorite is the last one because you did make it look incredibly realistic :)

Anonymous said...

the banana shadow fight is probably the best one ever. very nice