Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fine art

Flower: 6-15-10, 7pm, Benson, f/2.8, 1/160, na
Water Tower: 6-20-10, 9pm, Rexburg, f/2.8, 1/60, vibrancy, brighten 
This project is beautiful and kind of simple!  I remember I used to use this same method with text when I was much younger, but had forgotten how to do it.  It still amazes me everyday how smart photoshop really is! The first one I added yellow to the background, text to the bottom, and then flattened the whole project and added a vignette. But I was really found of that, so I removed it. To make the text look more interesting I added a drop shadow and embossed it.  The second project, I did the same things except I made the text blue, didn't add a drop shadow, and made the boxes a little slimmer.  I really like the photos, and I am glad I got to use them in such a creative way.  The template gives them much more justice!

6 comments:

Erica Arguello said...

I love how well the pictures stand out. The contrast looks great. I really like the lines of the water tank with the lines of the template. Great Job Katie!

Kris Fryer said...

I really like the photos that you used in your template. The flower photo is definitely a good one for that. I also like the color that you used instead of white. They look really great!

Rognon Photographers said...

Great art templates. I especially like the colors that you choose for the backgrounds. I think that they make the pictures really stand out on pop. Well done. Also I love the images and the angles that you did.

Jeralyn said...

Nicely done! I tried using colors other than white and I just couldn't get it to look very good. But you did great with getting some variety in there. And I just love the macro of the flower in the first place.

Sean said...

Alright Kate, you really need to teach your older brother how to do some of this stuff. And I'll even let you use my D80 and my tripod sometime. I'm posting a comment here but I have really enjoyed all of your photos on your blog. Kinda makes me jealous at how talented your are. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

man the picture of the flower is very well designed into the fine art frame well done. i bet people would buy it.