Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Elisabeth: 6-13-10, 2pm, Rexburg, f/8.0, 1/100, vibrance, levels
Canal: 5-9-10, 7:40pm, Idaho Falls, f/2.8, 1/25, vibrance, gausion blur in background, curves
Katelyn: 6-13-10, 2:30pm, Benson building, f/2.8, 1/400,vibrance, exposure
Borders are an amazing option.  They can add a new life to a photo.  In these photos, I tried to empathize that fact.  The first photo I used a border that I had experimented with last year and made it bigger. The border was made out of a black rectangle with the inside erased with an edgy brush.  On the photo I changed the opacity of the border to help it blend better to the photo. The next photo I used the history brush. First I deleted the picture, and then used a jagged brush to bring it back, only where I wanted it. Then used a spotty brush on the edges to add more photo to the finished product. Then on the bottom I used the crop to tool to add space so I could add words.  The last photo is probably my favorite! I did it by copying the layer and then deleting the top photo's middle with the rectangular marquee tool. Before I cut it out though, I used the stoke tool to add the red line around the rectangular marquee tool was... notice it is close to the same color as her shoes because I used the eye dropper tool.

4 comments:

Bre Christensen said...

Good job on your borders! I think you did a great job about having the border add to the picture rather than taking away from it. I especially like the last picture with the red border that matches the girls shoes. Nice touch!

Anonymous said...

Katie- I LOVE your edited edge pictures!!! They look SO good! I especially love the canal picture (even before the edit - I love the angle and how close up it is), and the red shoes with the red border. Red seems to be a common theme in your photos. :-)

Amber said...

I love your edge effects on your second and third photos. They just really make them pop and look so professional. That angle, and with the red shoes and red border really make it a really beautiful photo.

Justin said...

you did well edging these photos, the edits all seem to match the subject matter very well.